[R6RS] my notes on today's conference call (22 August 2006)
William D Clinger
will at ccs.neu.edu
Tue Aug 22 11:26:22 EDT 2006
August 22 2006 8:00am-10:00am EDT
All present by about 8:18 am EDT
Kent, Mike, Will, Anton, Matthew
0. finalize agenda (1 minute)
1. action items from 8/17/2006 (5 minutes)
- email note about open-read+write concerns (Kent)
- email note about different transcoding mechanism (Mike)
- revise safety paragraphs (Will)
- discuss naming of condition predicates and accessors via email (All)
- note: reserve last week of August for proofreading
2. Report status (5 minutes)
- items ready for review
<item> <editor> <to be completed by> <done?>
unicode Matthew Aug. 03 done.
quasiquote Kent Aug. 08 done.
letrec* Kent Aug. 08 done.
let-values & let*-values Kent Aug. 08 done.
records Kent Aug. 24
enumerations Will Jul. 12 done.
bytes Will Aug. 03 done.
equal? Will Aug. 01 done.
list-library Anton Aug. 21
case-lambda Anton Aug. 21
when & unless Anton Aug. 08 done.
core/library split Anton Aug. 21
arithmetic Will Aug. 22
set-car!, set-cdr! Anton Aug. 21
condition-type details Anton Aug. 21
dynamic-wind Kent Aug. 15 done.
read-syntax, syn. forms Matthew Aug. 20 done.
hash tables Anton Aug. ??
safe/unsafe mode Kent Aug. ??
primitive i/o Matthew
- items not ready for review
exceptions & conditions
r5rs compatibility library
3. removing the distinct S-expression requirement for case (5 minutes)
4. name of contract-defect procedure (5 minutes)
contract-violated might be a better name
contract-violation might be more parallel
violation (could ditch in favor of contract-violation)
contract-violation it is (no objections)
5. semantics of library-body call/cc (5 minutes)
exported bindings are immutable after the initializing assignment
definitions of non-exported variables may be executed more
continuation for the entire library's invocation should be unspecified
disallow multiple definitions of a variable within the same library
6. script syntax (5 minutes)
- yes/no vote:
<script header><optional #!r6rs><import form><interleaved library body>
<import form> -> (import <import-spec>*)
<interleaved library body> -> library body with interleaved definitions
Yes: Kent, Matthew, Anton, Will, Mike
- separate <script header> vote between:
<script header> -> #!/usr/bin/scheme-script <line terminator>
<script header> -> #!/usr/bin/env scheme-script <line terminator>
consensus for #!/usr/bin/env
7. library phasing (10 minutes)
allow both monophase and multiphase interpretations
order of import and export clauses
Mike would like for the export clause to come first
8. I/O (20 minutes)
Kent's email proposal sounds plausible
Will will write up a proposal that moves
transcoders to operations, don't specify when opening
number and size of libraries to be described by R6RS
something like Java's wild card syntax?
Kent proposed something like
(except (r6rs base (all-from syntax-case)))
congruence between R6RS document and R6RS libraries
9. adjourned about 10:03am
More information about the R6RS