[R6RS] libraries

dyb at cs.indiana.edu dyb at cs.indiana.edu
Mon Aug 21 13:39:45 EDT 2006

> I would guess that the variables referenced by phase N
> code that is not part of the code for a procedural macro
> would refer to the phase N versions of those variables.
> I would guess that the variables referenced by phase N
> code that is part of a procedural macro would refer to
> the phase N+1 versions of those variables.

Essentially, assuming your notion of "Phase N" code differs slightly from
what I've been using.  I would instead say:  Run-time code is at Phase 0.
If a syntax binding appears at Phase N, the RHS of the binding is at Phase
N+1.  Phase N code can refer only to Phase N bindings (keyword or
variable).

Note, however, that an identifier appearing within a Phase N syntax (or
syntax-rules) template can end up being referenced only at some level
M < N, if it ends up being referenced at all.