[R6RS] Core/library split
Anton van Straaten
anton at appsolutions.com
Thu Aug 17 03:28:52 EDT 2006
I've committed an update of core-library.txt, library-contents.html,
library-index.html, and library-contents.scm.
* Deleted the r6rs-small library, since the base library seems to
obviate it now.
* Corrected the inconsistency regarding generic arithmetic, which
remains in r6rs-base but is no longer mentioned as a separate library.
* Created a mutable-list library for set-car! and set-cdr!.
Other than that, I've made a conservative set of changes based on what
Will and Mike agreed on, biased towards keeping disputed items where
they already were. Changes include:
* Removed non-library read syntax items
* Moved the condition and exception items which Mike specified, out of
the base. (Will would like to remove more.)
* added error, violation & contract-violation to base
* moved call/cc & dynamic-wind to a 'control' library
'R6rs-base' is not as large as Will has suggested (e.g. no bytes,
port-i/o, or records). Accordingly, I've retained both r6rs and
r6rs-big, but their composition has changed, as listed in
core-library.txt. The 'r6rs' library has grown, and somewhat resembles
what Will wants in r6rs-base. r6rs-big is intended as the library which
includes (almost) everything defined in R6RS, but it is still missing
I've also added the detailed listing of contents for r6rs and r6rs-big
I haven't yet moved syntax-rules into the base.
More information about the R6RS