[R6RS] Core/library split

Anton van Straaten anton at appsolutions.com
Thu Aug 17 03:28:52 EDT 2006

I've committed an update of core-library.txt, library-contents.html,
library-index.html, and library-contents.scm.

Changes include:

* Deleted the r6rs-small library, since the base library seems to
obviate it now.
* Corrected the inconsistency regarding generic arithmetic, which
remains in r6rs-base but is no longer mentioned as a separate library.
* Created a mutable-list library for set-car! and set-cdr!.

Other than that, I've made a conservative set of changes based on what
Will and Mike agreed on, biased towards keeping disputed items where
they already were.  Changes include:

* Removed non-library read syntax items
* Moved the condition and exception items which Mike specified, out of
the base.  (Will would like to remove more.)
* added error, violation & contract-violation to base
* moved call/cc & dynamic-wind to a 'control' library

'R6rs-base' is not as large as Will has suggested (e.g. no bytes,
port-i/o, or records).  Accordingly, I've retained both r6rs and
r6rs-big, but their composition has changed, as listed in
core-library.txt.  The 'r6rs' library has grown, and somewhat resembles
what Will wants in r6rs-base.  r6rs-big is intended as the library which
includes (almost) everything defined in R6RS, but it is still missing
some libraries.

I've also added the detailed listing of contents for r6rs and r6rs-big
to library-contents.html.

I haven't yet moved syntax-rules into the base.

Anton