[R6RS] Syntax errors

Michael Sperber sperber at informatik.uni-tuebingen.de
Sun Aug 13 05:14:13 EDT 2006

As per the recent exchange between Matthew and myself, I propose that
we add the following condition type:

(define-condition-type &syntax &defect
  syntax-defect?
  (expression syntax-defect-expression)
  (subexpression syntax-defect-subexpression))

... and the following convenience procedure to the syntax-case library
(essentially corresponding to MzScheme's `raise-syntax-error'):

(syntax-defect name string expr)
(syntax-defect name string expr subexpr)

raises an exception condition types &who and &syntax.  The field of
&who is initialized according to name and expr.  The expr and
optionally the subexpr arguments become the corresponding fields of
&syntax.  To save myself work for now, I replicate the docs from the
MzScheme manual.  Not all details match, but they should be clear
enough.