[R6RS] Definitions in scripts

Anton van Straaten anton at appsolutions.com
Tue Aug 1 05:36:45 EDT 2006

Presumably the decision to require definitions to appear before
expressions in library bodies applies to scripts, too.

However, the case for being more lenient about this in scripts seems
much stronger to me.  Many scripts are by nature not highly structured,
and requiring all definitions to appear before any expressions is
tantamount to saying that when we say "script", we don't really mean it.

I propose that interspersing definitions and expressions in scripts
should be allowed.

Anton