[R6RS] Core/library strawman take 2

Anton van Straaten anton at appsolutions.com
Wed Apr 19 12:03:27 EDT 2006

I've checked an updated version of the core/library split proposal into
SVN at draft/corelib/core-library.txt.

It's essentially the same as last week's proposal (still very summary),
with most of Mike's suggestions integrated.  The composition of the
r6rs-small and r6rs libraries have changed.

Mike, I put syntax-rules in r6rs-small - does that fit with what you had
in mind?  R6rs-small now consists of just r6rs-core, syntax-rules, and
    records-explicit.  I rationalized this as "This library provides an
augmented version of the core language with some basic features to
provide a complete yet small language."

The factoring of the arithmetic libraries raises the question of which
arithmetic libraries should be included at which levels.  I've chosen to
  include arithmetic-generic in the r6rs library, but that's just
shooting from the hip at this point.

To help answer questions like this and address other finer points
(including some raised by Mike), I've been working on a more detailed
catalog of the actual procedures contained in each library.  I'll try to
produce a useful snapshot of that next week.

Anton