[R6RS] draft Unicode SRFI

Matthew Flatt mflatt
Thu Jun 30 10:58:42 EDT 2005

Another draft is enclosed. See below for a few additional replies.

At Thu, 30 Jun 2005 08:24:33 +0200, Michael Sperber wrote:
> >  * I left octal escapes for strings intact for compatibility for C.

Now they're gone.

> >    Also, should we try to allow `->' as a symbol at this
> >    point?
>
> If we talk about symbols at all, we should.  (More on that below.)

For now, I just added this to the "Issues" section.

> - I don't understand how I could portably use the locale functionality
>   in my code, since the document doesn't specify a single string I
>   might use as a locale name.

Locale names do not seem to be well standardized. See the new bullet in
"Issues".

I think it's best to leave further specification of locale strings to
future SRFIs, but keep the hook for locales in this SRFI.

Matthew