[R6RS] draft Unicode SRFI

Anton van Straaten anton
Thu Jun 30 03:05:53 EDT 2005

Michael Sperber wrote:
> - Could the SRFI please have an issues section where the things we
>   haven't agreed on are listed?  On that list, by me, are:
>
>   o duplication and potential confusion between #\linefeed and
>     #\newline
>   o alternate syntax for numerical scalar values in character and
>     string literals
>   o Anton's (Perl's) generalization of here strings
>   o \<eol><whitespaces>

I have no need to push the here-string generalization issue into the
SRFI process, unless there's interest from other editors.  I raised it
partly because it can be a useful feature, but also because if we're
going to borrow syntax from shell languages and Perl, we should at least
make an active choice if we're not going to implement their full
functionality.

Anton