[R6RS] I/O SRFI revised

Michael Sperber sperber
Tue Jun 14 13:29:34 EDT 2005

I've just put a revision of SRFI 68 online.

Among other changes, the ports layer is now specified independently
from the rest, with the connection to streams optional.  When the time
comes, I can strip that part out into a separate SRFI, but I would
like to wait as long as possible with this so I can make sure it's in
synch with SRFI 68.

Please comment on the SRFI list.  You can ignore the Primitive and
Stream I/O layers, just read the stuff on "Data extensions," then skip
to "Text transcoding."