[R6RS] How SRFI 35 enables communication protocols via conditions

Michael Sperber sperber
Wed Jun 8 08:53:13 EDT 2005

"Manuel Serrano" <Manuel.Serrano at sophia.inria.fr> writes:

>> - File I/O errors that are also networking errors.
>> - Errors that are also or may be bugs.
> I have never faced situations where I had to compose exceptions (I don't
> pretend that these do not exist) so I'm not absolutely convinced that this
> is mandatory.

What would it take to convince you?  How would you express the
exceptional situation described above?

Some further evidence:

- SRFI 12, authored by four of the current editors (none of them me)
  has this capability.

- The Common Lisp people and the Dylan people have come to the same
  conclusion:

http://www-2.cs.cmu.edu/Groups/AI/html/cltl/clm/node329.html#SECTION0033314000000000000000

  I'm sure Kent Pitman or Guy Steele could provide more background if
  necessary.