[R6RS] 3 things we may want to vote on

Anton van Straaten anton
Tue Jun 7 15:11:57 EDT 2005

Michael Sperber wrote:
> - Make continuations created by BEGIN accept multiple values?
>
> http://mailman.iro.umontreal.ca/mailman/private/r6rs/2004-October/000267.html
>
> Two decisions, actually, the second one on specifying primitives to
> return zero values.

I vote yes on the first one.  For the second one, I'd like to review the
affected primitives, but it sounds reasonable.

> - Zap SET-CAR! & SET-CDR! ?
>
> http://mailman.iro.umontreal.ca/mailman/private/r6rs/2004-October/000268.html

I vote no.  Although I'm in favor of making Scheme more functional, I'd
want to see a change like this as part of a larger proposal that deals
with such issues.  Just as an example, I'd be more interested in the
addition of a more general immutable tuple type.

> - Make -> a valid identifier?
>
> http://mailman.iro.umontreal.ca/mailman/private/r6rs/2004-October/000302.html
>
> Two decisions on this issue as well: Whether to make -> a valid
> identifier (for which a lot of people at the last Scheme workshop
> voted), and, if so, how to do it.

I vote yes to making it valid.  I don't currently have an opinion on how
to do it.

Anton