[R6RS] Timeline for R6RS SRFIs

Manuel Serrano Manuel.Serrano
Fri Jun 3 10:41:47 EDT 2005

> Why don't the R6RS people raise their concerns about the imperative
> layer only at this point---once we'll get that done, we can decide
> how to move on.
I'm not in favor of changing the whole Scheme IO system. I think that
90% of the features you would like to add to Scheme with SRFI 66 could
be more or less obtained by adding "procedure ports" (ports that
invoke a procedure when read is invoked). I think that adding a new
kind of port is far more lightweight that designing a brand new IO
layer which, I think, is out of scope for R6.

--
Manuel