[R6RS] revised draft of record srfi
dyb at cs.indiana.edu
Fri Jul 22 11:08:25 EDT 2005
I have attached a revised draft of the record srfi. The draft can also
be found at:
Among the changes and additions:
* an issues section that, among other things, discusses the relative
verbosity of the syntax and options for shorthand syntaxes
* a split in the original procedural interface into a procedural
interface for building and manipulating records and a separate
set of procedures for reflection
* mechanisms for declaring record types opaque to disallow reflection
and sealed to disallow extension (subtyping)
* a change in name for both syntactic layers to "define-type"
* minor changes in the procedural interface, e.g., to specify field
mutability, and minor changes in the syntactic interfaces, e.g.,
the addition of opaque and sealed clauses.
* various simplifications in the presentation and clarifications of
While we don't expect it to make Marc or Manuel completely happy, the
latest draft does a better job of explaining the benefits of the syntax
we've chosen and it does lay out options for syntactic shorthands.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the R6RS