[R6RS] Naming for fixnum / flonum ops

Anton van Straaten anton
Mon Jul 4 03:43:54 EDT 2005

Michael Sperber wrote:
> Will's proposal uses FX+ / FL+ as examples for the fixed-precision
> operators.  What should procedures like QUOTIENT be called in this
> case?  FX-QUOTIENT or FXQUOTIENT?

Of those two, I'd pick the latter.  I notice that Chez does the same:

http://www.scheme.com/csug/numeric.html

An alternative would be to pick some delimiter that's less ambiguous
than "-" in this context, e.g. FX:QUOTIENT.  In that case, names like
FX+ would still omit the delimiter, because they don't need the same
sort of separation between parts of their name.

Anton