[R6RS] draft Unicode SRFI

Matthew Flatt mflatt
Fri Jul 1 09:41:45 EDT 2005

At Fri, 1 Jul 2005 09:34:15 -0400, Marc Feeley wrote:
> I think that, in the I/O
> system, there should exist an end-of-line encoding setting that maps
> CR+LF to #\newline, CR to #\newline, and LF to #\newline (in addition
> to an end-of-line encoding that only maps LF to #\newline and an end-
> of-line encoding that only maps CR to #\newline).

I agree with this, but it doesn't solve the problem when a "text" file
is already open in binary mode, or when someone treats a Windows text
file as a Unix text file and redundantly translates it to a Windows
text file (so that \r\r\n that decodes as \r\n). The question is
whether to try to avoid those problems.

Matthew