[R6RS] Unicode scalar value escape sequences

Michael Sperber sperber
Sun Feb 20 11:38:53 EST 2005

Will> I'd also suggest that the proposal address how Scheme's standard
Will> DISPLAY and WRITE procedures should print strings.

Yes---didn't you want to write up WRITE more completely?  Note that
there's also an encoding aspect to this, which is part of the I/O
proposal I'm working on.

Will> The point here is that semi-obsolete escape sequences can be
Will> supported for reading but not directly supported for writing.

While I agree in general---what's "semi-obsolete" in this context?