[R6RS] Re: Zapping SET-CAR! & SET-CDR!

Michael Sperber sperber
Tue Oct 26 08:30:41 EDT 2004

Marc> As I recall few people voted,

I recall differently.

Marc> so I don't think we should give it any significance.

When you get a poll result like this on an issue like this ("should we
break a lot of your programs by taking away a piece of functionality
you're used to") I attach a great deal of significance to it.

But aside from that, what I was really asking for was the editors'
*opinions*.  So far, only Kent and Manuel have provided theirs.

Marc> The only vote which has meaning is the one on case-sensitivity.
Marc> People know the issue (several Scheme systems default to a
Marc> case-sensitive reader, and many have a switch to enable/disable
Marc> a case-sensitive reader).

That doesn't indicate people know the issue at all.