[R6RS] I/O <-> GC question

Michael Sperber sperber
Tue Nov 23 14:33:06 EST 2004

Marc> My comment is not about the transparency of your design.  My comment
Marc> is about the transparency of your design process (i.e. I (and probably
Marc> the other editors) would like to know more about the problems you are
Marc> tackling).  Please share your ideas!

We agreed in Snowbird that we'd handle the first stage of this design
(along with some others) in subcommittees before putting it in front
the entire R6RS committee.  Currently, I'm the subcommittee of one for
I/O.

Given how the discussions about things like this go, I'm not
masochistic enough to give ideas I'm not even sure about myself to the
committee as long as everybody else seems to have only a passing
interest in the subject matter.  I repeatedly asked for collaborators,
and got zero volunteers.  As soon as I have anything to report, I'll
do so.  Right now, I have mainly questions, not answers.