[R6RS] I/O <-> GC question

Michael Sperber sperber
Tue Nov 23 13:41:51 EST 2004

>> Right now, I'm more interested in the answer to my question. :-)

Will> Then my answer to your question is that exposing any of a port's
Will> internal structure is likely to make i/o less efficient, because
Will> the garbage collector will have to allocate and to collect the
Will> exposed structure independently of the port.

That wasn't the question.  You don't even know if or to what extent I
want to expose any of "a port's internal structure."