[R6RS] Are we stuck?

Matthew Flatt mflatt
Sun Jul 4 09:37:16 EDT 2004

At Tue, 29 Jun 2004 18:44:44 -0400, Marc Feeley wrote:
> Why are we stuck? I'm not sure what the reason is for other editors,
> [...]

On further reflection, I think it's because we other editors are bums.

The six of us were on the committee-to-form-a-committee that took a
over a year to arrive at one brilliant conclusion: that the same people
should be editors.

Our participation and progress under the "editors" banner has been no
more impressive than under the previous banner --- pathetic by any
reasonable standard.

Here's a concrete proposal, which is so simple that even we bums can
follow through. I propose that the six of us resign immediately. Marc
and the steering committee can then select a group of editors that is
interested enough in the process to do something with it.

Matthew