[R6RS] Re: [R6RS-private] Whether we're stuck or not

Michael Sperber sperber
Sat Aug 7 04:20:09 EDT 2004

[Switching this to r6rs at .]

Will> I would also like to ask something of my fellow R6RS editors.  Most
Will> of you are associated with a specific major implementation of Scheme.
Will> Please tell me how to run that implementation in its maximally R5RS-
Will> compliant mode.  By that, I am referring in part to the mode required
Will> by R5RS section 1.3.1:

Will>     It is required that every implementation of Scheme support
Will>     all features that are not marked as being _optional_.
Will>     Implementations are free to add extensions, provided the
Will>     extensions are not in conflict with the language reported
Will>     here.  In particular, implementations must support a mode
Will>     that preempts no lexical conventions of this report.

For Scheme 48, it's

scheme48