[R6RS] modules?

Michael Sperber sperber
Wed Apr 14 02:13:34 EDT 2004

>>>>> "Matthew" == Matthew Flatt <mflatt at cs.utah.edu> writes:

Matthew> For whatever reason, this library hasn't seen much use --- and not due
Matthew> to the ways that `package' fails to be SC, I think. In any case, I
Matthew> don't have a good feel for how SC gets used, even though I think I
Matthew> understand the semantics.

One frequent use I see for it is when you have a set of
domain-specific abstractions with concepts like "plus", and so on,
where you don't want to say

(behavior+ (behavior* (const-behavior 5) (behavior ... ....)))

but rather use "+", "*" and so on, but only in a  local context like
so

(with-behavior-bindings
  ...)

This avoids the use of overloading which, in Haskell, sometimes
introduces more problems than it solves.